To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 90mm Elmarit
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 1996 07:38:14 -0700

At 06:07 AM 6/8/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Incidentally, the other guys are talking about the R-versions of these
>lenses. Are these different from their M counterparts.

Yes and no. The Summicrons are different lenses (though I'm not sure about
the very latest R Summicron with the new single piece lens hood but I don't
think they're the same). In fact, some people had some problems with a few
of the late 90 Summicron Ms not focusing accurately, but with an adjustment
to the focusing mechanism, they are fine. It was very slight, and only
noticed at close focusing wide open, but it was a Q.C. problem nonetheless.

The latest versions of the Elmarit are the same lenses optically, M and R.
Not any (or most) of the earlier versions, I do believe.

Any way you go, they're all great lenses.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier