To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: minilux?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 19:57:42 -0400 (EDT)
Date-Warning: Date header was inserted by InfoAve.Net

Dear Reinhard: I have had an experience with the minilux, but it was not a
good one! I bought the minilus last year to take to the Mosquito Coast in
Honduras. I planned to use my Leica M's for black-and-white and the minilux
for record-type slides. Unfortunately the humidity was too much for the
minilux and it completely quit working! The Leica-M's worked perfectly. I
sent the minlux back under warranty (it was only two months old!), but Leica
said it had water damage and refused to honor the warranty. I would have
cost almost as much to repair as I paid for it. I now have a very expensive
paperweight. This year I am taking an Olympus Stylus (waterproof) as my
extra camera.  I hope you have better luck if you decide on the minilux -
don't take it anywhere with high humidity! Tina

At 09:51 PM 6/4/96 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm new here, and I hope, I'm not off topic and I do not ask questions,
>that are often discussed here in the last weeks.
>
>Is there anyone here, especially under former and present Leica-M-users,
>who has made experiences with the Leica minilux?
>
>Please let me hear!
>
>Reinhard

Images by Tina Manley
images@infoave.net