To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: HELP: screw-mount film-loading
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 10:18:24 -0400 (EDT)

People: though I've been in photography for nigh unto 50 years, I'm a
newbie to Leica. Can anyone share with me any tricks to loading SM
bodies? I find it - ah - shall we say, 'pesky' (other less civil adverbs
also come to mind). I handtrim the tongue to the longer length
prescribed, but I still have trouble consistently getting the near
sprocket to engage the holes in the tongue (which of course is vital,
since the take-up spool is only a friction fit on the drive spindle and
there is slippage if the sprocket isn't doing its job of pulling the
film across.)

Thanks in advance,
Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh