To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Mail order screw mount lenses
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 14:38:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 May 1996, Marc James Small wrote:

> I agree completely -- almost posted a note to that effect myself.  HOWEVER,
> your response expressed absolute dismay that someone would suggest that the
> lenses might be junk after this wonderful Pop review.  Go back and review
> your first posting -- the "how do you explain" words are a bit thick!

	Actually, what I wrote was "Did the posters have any explanation
for the discrepancy?", not "how do you explain the discrepancy?".  Since
this implies that the posters might very well have an explanation for the
discrepancy - or why bother to ask for it - and thus that the PP testing
might be flawed, I don't think that it expresses "absolute dismay" at the
criticism, just curiosity to know more about the controversy.

Gary