To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: M5 meter
From: Soichi Tsunoda <soichi.tsunoda@medtronic.com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 1996 20:55:01 -0500

Hi All,

I recently acquired a M5 via trade mag. seller, and it was a good deal.
But I noticed that the meter worked intermittently. It is very strange
phenomenon.  When it works it works through roll after roll.  Then I put
the camera on the shelf for a day, then it stops to work.  It shows low
battery like condition.  I play with it for a while then start working.
>From this experience, I thought the meter needed continuous current
anytime.  Now I always crank the lever whenever I store the camera.  It
works!  Does anybody have the same problem or know about the cause?
Soichi Tsunoda