To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Some ===> Favorite films/processing
From: Tina Manley <IMAGES@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:03:59 -0400 (EDT)
Date-Warning: Date header was inserted by InfoAve.Net

Gary:  The most important thing for TMax seems to be consistency.  You can't
beat JOBO processors for being consistent.  I bought mine used - just like
my Leicas!  Get a JOBO and experiment until you find the right temperature
and times for your photography.  I use TMax developer diluted 1:7 at 21
Celsius for 13 minutes; however, the whole point is to find your own correct
times and temperatures.  I've been using TMax 100 and 400 since they were
introduced and so far they are so much better than anything else that I
wouldn't switch. Good luck - Tina

At 06:10 PM 4/29/96 -0400, you wrote:

>	Well, please continue to do so!  I have heard great things about
>the TMax films from others as well:  they do really sound like the way
>to go if you have the right facilities.  I am sure that many of their
>properties, including their long, even, tonal scale, would really
>complement the properties of our Leica gear.  If you have any suggestions
>as to how we might get similar results from them in a home darkroom, I
>for one would be most interested to hear them.  HP5+ is really great
>stuff, but if I would get that little extra bit of sharpness and fine
>grain, I would probably go for it.
>
>Gary Toop

Images by Tina Manley
images@infoave.net