To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: self-intro
From: Stan Yoder <syoder+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 14:01:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hello: just subscribed. I'm at Carnegie Mellon Univ., Pittsburgh (staff).
    Have been into still photography for fifty years or so. At this
point I use 35mm for color (Nikon F2's mostly) and Rollei TLR for B/W.
The latter has been my passion.
    But in the last few years I've been assembling a small collection,
not as investment but items that interest me (partly out of nostalgia).
So I have a baby Graphic, a prewar Contax III/1.5, a Rolleicord (in
addition to my 2.8F 'Flex), a Voigtlander RF Bessa folder, and a CL I
bought from an architecture prof here a decade ago for $100. Its RF
needs resilvering.
    I'm now after Leica screw (or TM, to be formal). Just had a bad
experience trying to buy a IIIc or f bd from a net contact in the NE. He
sent three in succession, all with dry curtains, all with Summitars
whose iris lube was frozen. We mutually called it off. In the meantime
I've found a 50/2 collapsible Summicron locally at a good price, so now
I'm in the market for a postwar IIIc body, maybe f bd - a 'decent user',
if you will. Anyone have one?
    I anticipate with pleasure 'lurking' here as you all bring me at
least somewhat up to speed on Leica RF. Perhaps I can contribute from
time to time.
    Thanks for reading.
Stan Yoder
Media Technology Consultant