To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: 'Real picture and real time'
From: tkc@hkstar.com (TK Chan)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 21:48:18 +0800 (HKT)

Mr. Eric Welch wrote:

>I always thought "real time" an advantage of the M system, since you
>don't have the mirror blackout when the picture is actually taken
>(especially with flash).
>
>I've used the R system for over 10 yeras. And it is second to none for
>image quality. It just needs autofocus and 1/250 flash sync. (yeah,
>right!)

Yes, I agree. In the 'real time' aspect, the M system is superior to the R.
The Cannon RT has a 'Real Time' mode to cater exactly for this purpose. By
the way, does anyone know what is the fractional time gap from the moment
the shutter button is pressed to the moment the image is captured on the
film, for the R and M systems respectively?

Regarding the 'real picture' aspect, what I really mean is that the R system
will provide me with the instant(real time) appreciation of the the actual
composition of my picture.

I've also used the R system for over 10 years. I've owned the R3 (since its
release), R4 and R5. I however still prefer the R3 for hand-held
single-shoot situation as I consider it has a better feel in weight balance
and a more stable and smoother shutter release mechanism than the R4, R5,
and R7 which are all using the same Seiko shutter system. I intend to
purchase the R6 but after some trial use,  I rather to go for the antique
Leiflex which I consider has the best shutter release mechanism of them all.

TK Chan
tkc@hkstar.com