To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 74/f1.4 vs. 90/f2.8 Elmarit
From: photo-op@ix.netcom.com (Sherril & Bill)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 10:09:13 -0700

Hello Hubert,

I don't know about the 74/1.4, but I have had the same feeling and
results with my R 35/1.4.  I think the lens if fine if you need the
extra speed, but the extra bulk and the weight do not justify the
occiational need for the extra speed.

You are correct when you say that a lot of people find the 50mm lens
boreing.  But, I have done some good work with it.

I have a question for you.  I have heard from several people that
Vienna, Austria is a good place to buy Leica equipment because the
prices are lower there.  Is that true?  The current retail price for a
new M6 here is about $2.795 (US) and a new R7 is about $2,195 (US).

Regards,
Bill Erfurth
Evergreen, Colo US