To: LEICA-USERS@MEJAC.PALO-ALTO.CA.US
Subject: 50/2.8 Elmar
From: Sweendog <sweenma@WKUVX1.WKU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 12:37:06 CST

Hi there,
This is my first posting, so I hope it works out right.
According to the Leica Magic Moments magazine, "Now redesigned, it is
part of the special series. Although unmistakeably still an Elmar by
design, its operation and imaging performance have been adjusted to
today's requirements. For example, the new Elmar-M f/2.8/50mm has been
given a non-rotating focusing mount, enabling the exposure to be
adjusted with the aid of the aperture ring without the distance
setting being unintentionally changed. By a recomputation of the
optics and using modern optical glass types it was possible to improve
the imaging performance in all areas without changing the number of
elements. The color balance of the new Elmar has also been matched to
the other Leica M lenses.

                          Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
     Mike Sweeney         I took the one less traveled by,
sweenma@wkuvx1.wku.edu    And that has made all the difference.
                                                 - Robert Frost