To: DFeldman@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fogg Bags?
From: Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 11:40:41 -0500 (EST)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996 DFeldman@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a Fogg camera bag?
>
> I have been looking for a bag that will hold the following:
>      M6 with 90mm summicron
>      35mm summicron
>      10x25 compact binoculars
>      Some film
>      compact tabletop tripod
>      maybe a book and/or papers
>
> The bags in the local camera shops all seem kind of, well, camera bag
> looking.
>
> I want a general purpose bag that I can carry around all the time,
> particularly when I travel.
>
> The fogg bags (in particular the bee,  bumble bee and celia III) seem like
> they might fit the bill, but are very expensive,

I'm positive it's just me.......but if I had an M-6, a 90 mm Summicron and
a 35mm Summicrom and binoculars...and was "price-shopping" on a camera
bag?.......

I smell something contradictory or even oxymoron-ic here!  If one can
afford to have an M-6 and two expensive, superb lenses and
binoculars..........why does the price of a measily little camera bag
even enter into the equation?

Now, down here in the southeast, I see that all of the time!  '96
Corvette......parked in front of a beat-up house trailer.  12 foot
satellite dish.......in front a shack leaning about 15 degrees from
vertical.

Lowepro.  Look at Lowepro.  Yes, they look "camera baggy".  They also
protect very, very well and some zip open like a briefcase opening up and
that would alow both quick access and allow you to put everything but the
kitchen sink in there, too.

Some of the thicker cases for big laptop computers might work out too,
but you'll have to invent your own partitions and mabye cut some heavy
foam packing to custom-fit the items you want to carry.

Don't look for an unconventional camera bag in a camera store.  Go to a
specialty luggage shop.  Look thru all of the catalogs and you'll get
closer.  You'll probably have to use your noodle to get what you want.
Necessity is the mother.................

Mr. Trouble-maker

 and I haven't been able to