To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: extraterrestrial Leica item?
From: tomrice@netcom.com (Tom R. Rice)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 93 8:41:08 PDT

I've run across a lens attachment which I'd be happy if someone
could identify.  It's a very heavy, thick lens, about 55 mm in
diameter, mounted in a nickel-plated cell (slip-on, no threads).

The lens itself is double convex with a focal length of approx. 60mm.

On the cell are the words "Fuer Obj. 5cm".  The lens is packed
in a round, flat hard paper box, with the markings

	Uhiku   fuer Objectiv  10.5 -- 12 -- 13.5 cm    Germany

It's that word "Uhiku" which makes me think it's a Leica thing,
but it's not listed in any Leica book I have.
--
"Start off every day with a smile and get it over with."  --W.C.Fields
Tom R. Rice   WB6BYH                   Holler Observatory --